Simple life lessons from a five-year-old

27/11/2017
Yesterday, I was invited to lunch along with a soft toy in JP's room.

When I got there, he thought of adding some more guests and I'm not proud to say that as he was taking out every soft toy of the designated basket, in a lame attempt of tempering the mess, I warned him:

- Wait, are you sure you will have enough food for everyone?

- Don´t worry mummy, I will figure it out.

(But of course, I thought, immediately feeling silly for my question and a little bit embarrassed by my hidden reasons)

- It will just take me a little bit longer. - he continued after considering things in his head.

I then told him that he could take all the time in the world and I would come when he was ready.

This was the table set up I was honoured to be a part of:

2 comments:

  1. And I'm sure there was enough food for everyone! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother had a saying that would go something like this, where x eat, x+1 can eat, meaning there would always be a way to welcome someone else to the table, so this little moment was very evocative of that for me. Truly special.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top