Food matters

11/03/2018
There is a myriad of advice on healthy food and many revised scientific articles or doctors sustaining a different ideal way of eating. I find it is very important to literate one selves in order to make conscious choices, but in the end, it’s always a personal choice. One that reflects not just on your health, but also on the food production system, the economy and the environment. There’s no good or bad way to go about it, it’s just a matter of making the choices that better align with your needs, what you are and/or want to become.
You are what you eat 
For our family, this translates on following a whole food, plant-based diet, meaning we eat mostly whole grains, vegetables, legumes, fruits and nuts. We do it not only because we believe it’s delicious and good for our health, but equally because we think it’s the single most important thing we can do as individuals for the sustainability of our planet.

For me personally, I also see it as a kinder way for me to flow through life. (But I do emphasise the personal in this. I don't think it’s any requirement to be kind, or that it makes me kinder than anyone else not doing it. It just makes me a kinder version of myself, and that’s a big thing for me).

whole_food_plant_based_diet

I doubted on writing about this, but I also believe that in a world where we often feel powerless as individuals to make an impact on big issues, such as world hunger or environmental changes, what we choose to eat is one powerful tool to navigate life and take action towards sustainability and kindness. To the earth, to other beings and to ourselves. And, despite not wanting to push my own very personal ideas on anyone, it felt important to say so.

2 comments:

  1. Those two words = sustainability and kindness = just about cover everything! Well said Cristiana.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top