Looking for the spring inside

01/04/2016

Little things seem nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air.
Georges Bernano



Month overview:

I have been looking for that interior spring equinox when I feel renovated by the appearance of the first blooms, when the sun warms my heart with beauty and fills my mind with exciting ideas and possibilities.

And I have found them but I have not found them. They are there, they are undoubtedly there, but it seems as I have a fog lenses in my eyes right now. A fog of tiredness and of disconnection that I hope will vanish soon. 

As I look back to March's notebook and calendar, I see lots of... work. A handful of big projects and important events that took over my life but mean very little to me. 

Still, my life is alive in the intervals, the moments when I am cooking, or throwing balls to an unwearying dog, or talking with my best friend for a few moments, or drinking hot tea with friends, or being hold by tiny arms, or writing numerous blog posts in my head while driving... it's the little things, right?

Wrapping the learnings:
  • Busy does not equal memorable.
  • Little things can help you stay sane.

4 comments:

  1. It is the little things. But too many can make you too busy. It's a constant effort to find that balance, I hope you find it in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a constant effort indeed. April has started quite well, I'm hoping to be able to maintain it that way.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2.4.16

    I always feel hopeful that at least by recognising there is a fog, it means a part of you is seeing clearly, otherwise it wouldn't know there was fog... I hope that makes sense! And I agree, the little things can make a big difference. I hope April will be easier for you and your interior Spring will emerge from its hibernation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean, Lotta, it makes perfect sense to me as well. Thankfully, I was able to enjoy a quiet weekend with my family, making sure to rest and I feel more optimistic about next month. It never cease to amaze me how a few good nights of sleep work wonders to my mood :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top