Taking stock of November

04/12/2017
If I was a month, I would be November. And to celebrate my favourite month, nothing better than taking stock(a)


Making: plans, and enjoying it immensely
Cooking: plant-based, oil-free recipes
Drinking: my garden in teas
Reading: My living favourite author's new book "The imperfect path"
Wanting: Lots of non-material things and one material thing: a kindle reader
Looking: through my office's window as autumn unravels
Playing: all year around!
Deciding: on a word for 2018
Wishing: for a simple, meaningful Christmas season
Enjoying: a quiet(ish) month at work
Waiting: for budgets
Wondering: if I will ever write consistently on this blog
Loving: the absence of self-pressure to write in here
Pondering: how much space we really need. No, on how little space we really need.
Considering: selling our house!!!!!
Watching: eagles nearby our house (and thinking I don't want to leave this place...)
Hoping: my hair to stop falling like autumnal leaves, asap
Marvelling: at how many good people there are in the world
Needing: to rearrange my work days
Smelling: obsessively, my favourite five-year-old while he still smells like a newborn...
Wearing: colourful and fun tights
Following: my gut whilst ignoring my head and shushing my heart...
Noticing: on what really makes me feel good
Knowing: 1) I will always be a work in progress 2) progress is not always forward...
Thinking: on this powerful question: what's the One thing I can do such by doing it everything else is easier or unnecessary?(b)
Admiring: small and eco-friendly houses
Sorting: thoughts as laundry
Buying: books, music and toys (though I didn't need to, for sure...)
Getting: nightly cuddles and kisses. So good!
Bookmarking: books to read in 2018
Disliking: myself on social media
Opening: a new day, daily
Giggling: at Siri's responses to my requests
Feeling: hopeful


(a) Original idea and a blank list for you to copy and paste (in case you want to join in) here
(b) From this book

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous16.12.17

    There is so much I love about this Cristiana - thank you for sharing. And I think our thoughts may have been down similar paths this year with regard to small space living... :-) Oh, and if I was a month I would be April! (I couldn't get the video to play this evening but it may be my internet connection so I'll try another time.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and comprehensive list Cristiana! I've not heard of the book One Thing. It looks interesting and reminds me of one by Barbara Sher called (I think) What To Do When You Want To Do Everything which I found really helpful some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a seductive title for a book, and I certainly relate to wanting to do many things. I will look it up, it sounds very interesting and useful, thank you.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top